His insurance coverage experience includes:
- General Liability
- Construction Defect
- Trucking and Transportation
- Municipal Liability
- Professional Liability
- Medical Liability
- Architects and Engineers
- Toxic Torts
- Bad Faith
- Cyber-Risk, Technology and Data Security
- Claims Management
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS), Steering Committee
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Awards & Rankings
- CALI Award recipient for Excellence in Contracts, Criminal Law, and Trial Advocacy
Previously, Chris worked for a national insurance coverage and litigation firm where he counseled carriers on all matters related to general liability, excess liability, commercial property, professional liability, and errors & omissions liability. He also defended transportation companies and medical professionals throughout the upper Midwest.
Chris and his wife enjoy visiting the many excellent restaurants and cultural institutions that Chicago has to offer. He is also a novice architecture enthusiast who loves exploring Chicago's landmarks. Chris also enjoys hiking, paddle boarding, and fishing. He is involved with SOS Children's Villages of Illinois, where he serves as the chair of its Associate Board.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer in Cook County (Illinois) circuit court that there was no coverage for sexual molestation claim due to insured's knowledge of prior molestation.
- Obtained summary judgment for excess liability insurer in the Northern District of Texas, finding that there was no coverage under the underlying general liability and employers' liability policies for damages to temporary worker who suffered a de-gloving injury.
- Successfully resolved several transportation-related cases pre-suit after conducting and coordinating immediate response team investigations regarding liability.
- Obtained partial dismissal of certain claims in a transportation case in Michigan involving the alleged wrongful death of a father of two minors.
- Successfully resolved commercial property lawsuit in Harris County, Texas, involving significant hurricane property damage and business-income loss, after the court agreed with the carrier and dismissed several of the insured's claims immediately prior to trial via motions in limine.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against architectural firm based upon the statute of repose.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insured after discovery revealed the insured did not violate Indiana's Dram Shop Act.
- Monitored for and counseled excess insurers on several transportation-related trials involving demands within excess carrier's layer in which verdict either favored the insured or was below the excess layer.
- Monitored and counseled an excess insurer on several municipal liability policies issued to one of the country's largest municipalities in connection with Section 1983 claims against the municipality and its police department.
- Obtained insurer's dismissal from CERCLA action; plaintiff was unable to produce copies of missing policies and we successfully introduced underwriting evidence that policies were issued to an insured that was not liable under CERCLA.