She has advised and litigated claims involving:
- Construction Defects
- Environmental Contamination
- Product Defects
- Business Disparagement
- Unfair Business Practices
In addition to obtaining great results through motion practice in state and federal courts, Amy has successfully represented clients before arbitration tribunals and in mediations nationwide.
Illinois Bar Association
New York Bar Association
Before joining the firm, Amy was special counsel at a Chicago insurance coverage firm, where she specialized in coverage litigation. Previously, Amy practiced law in New York, where she engaged in general commercial litigation, focusing on commercial contract disputes and commercial bankruptcy. Amy began her legal career as an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Illinois Attorney General.
Amy enjoys running around with her kids, cooking for friends and family, travel, and museums. She also tries to get in a good book or two whenever she can.
- Provided coverage valuation and successfully resolved coverage dispute arising from an EPA enforcement action, seeking remediation costs in connection with asbestos contamination attributed to the insured's allegedly improper removal and disposal of concrete asbestos pipe.
- Obtained favorable, unanimous decision from arbitral panel finding no coverage for $25 million claim for alleged "property damage" to coke oven batteries.
- Secured summary judgment finding no "advertising injury" coverage for patent infringement claim.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer on basis that CGL policies provided no coverage for series of class-action antitrust and price-fixing lawsuits against insured, persuading court to reject argument that lawsuits involved "personal injury and advertising injury."
- Secured summary judgment finding no advertising injury coverage for a patent infringement claim involving an automated telephone system used to sell insured's products.